Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tommy's letter to DeLanee

I was so excited when I found out that you were coming into our family. I could not wait to hold you in my arms and feel your soft skin. When we found out that you had several problems we had a very hard decision to make. The doctors wanted us to abort, but even with the problems you had and chances you had to make it we did not abort. You are my daughter and I love you no matter what. I was surprised you made it as long you did. Six months in you mommy’s tummy! Then it was time for us to bring you into the world. When you were born the room lit up. I knew then that Heavenly Father was there. The spirit was so strong. I was so happy when you were born! A proud daddy! I was able to give you a blessing, and that was our first time together. That was so special for me to feel the spirit flow though me and give me the words to say. When they handed you to me I just held you. I knew that our time would be short. All I could think about was “this is my daughter – look how beautiful she is”. You looked so much like your big brother. I know that you would have had thick black hair which is your Daddy’s trademark. Now my arms ache to hold you, and my heart is broken. For the next time we hold each other is when we meet in heaven. I long for that time. To see, hold and kiss you. I try to be strong for your Mommy but sometimes I just cannot help but to let the tears fall. When I think of all the time we were going to have and memories we were going to make. To see you and your big brother play together. You are and will always be my little princess. I know that the pain will never go away, but I will learn to deal with it. I will long to hold you in my arms and watch you grow. I know that you were too perfect to live in this world so Heavenly Father called you home. What gives me comfort is knowing that we will be together again. I love you and always will.

Your Loving Father,

Daddy

No comments: