Thursday, June 12, 2008

Brotherly Love

Garrett was only 3 1/2 when DeLanee was born - he called her "TeLanee". Although he was so young, I have always felt that they have such a strong bond with each other. He has always prayed for her, remembered her when people ask about our family and taught his new little sister, Taryn, all about her. His love for her is very evident to everyone. This first picture of them is so dear to my heart. It just felt so good to have them both on my lap and to wrap my arms around both of them. Garrett was so happy to finally hold his baby sister. This picture was also taken around the time that she passed away.

Garrett is such a blessing to our family and I often think that they must have gotten together in the preexistence and had a talk about how things would happen. He has always seemed to have such a understanding of everything and also an over abundance of love for parents that needed his hugs and kisses so much during this time. What a wonderful reunion it will be between the two of them!




1 comment:

Kami Milliron said...

I posted this already, but I'm not sure it made it on here. So I apologize if this is posted twice.

When Elizabeth was born, Douglas was also just 3 1/2 years old. He never actually got to hold her, but we did let him see her. She had been gone about 5 days before she was born, so her condition was bad. She had started to deteriorate pretty badly. I was the only one able to hold her, but I could only do it for a few seconds. I am so sad about that. I wish I could have done it longer, but it was hard to look at her ( I would be more than happy to email some pictures to you if you want. They aren't easy to look at, but I love sharing my Daughter with those that I know will appreciate her ) The question I had for you is - after you had buried your precious little girl, did your Son ever act up ? It has been about 6 months now and Douglas seems to be throwing more fits, whining more and isn't listening as well as he used to. I am not sure if this is a typical 4 year old or if he is acting our from the loss. He LOVES his little sister. He still talks about her every day and tells anyone and everyone who will listen about her. And the book I read about grieving said that it is normal for a child to act up.

What do you think ? These picture are just so beautiful. They melt my heart. I wish Douglas, my Husband and the rest of my family would have been able to hold Ellie. She was just too fragile.